3940 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Delano Las Vegas Overview
Delano Las Vegas, previously known as THEHotel at Mandalay Bay, is a popular, all-suite hotel and the pride of the southern end of The Strip. The 1,117-room hotel has a handful of dining options, including 3940 Coffee & Tea, two high-end bars, and a few restaurants. Recent visitors rave about the hotel’s upscale comfort food, amazing cocktails, and roomy suites, which feature well-stocked minibars, large floor-to-ceiling windows, and luxury toiletries.
It has a decent range of on-site amenities, as well, including the BATHHOUSE Spa featuring 12 invigorating treatments, and the Lounge, boasting large windows with views over the Las Vegas Strip from the hotel rooftop.
While the hotel itself doesn’t have an on-site casino or an expansive pool, guests have direct access to the amenities of the adjoined Mandalay Bay. The Mandalay features a casino with every gaming option imaginable and an 11-acre water complex, consisting of an artificial beach, a shark tank, and multiple pools. With its relaxed atmosphere, the Delano Las Vegas is a laid-back oasis, tucked away from the frenetic energy of other Sin City resorts and hotels along The Strip.
- A trendy hotel with elegant décor and art installations throughout the property
- A comprehensive spa with a state-of-the-art fitness center and a variety of relaxing treatments
- All rooms are en suite with 1.5 baths
- Complimentary self-parking and Wi-Fi is available to all guests
- There are two on-site bars, including the swanky Franklin Bar with exquisite barrel-aged cocktails
- Guests have direct access to the massive pool complex at the adjoining Mandalay Bay
- Great restaurants that serve delicious comfort food
- There’s no on-site casino (which could be a plus for some travelers)
- Limited on-site night entertainment and dining options
- As with most Vegas spots, there’s a steep daily resort fe
Rooms & Suites at the Delano Las Vegas
The Delano Las Vegas has a roster of 1,117 guest rooms, all of which are suite-style accommodations that feature a separate living room and bedroom. Apart from the darker theme of the public areas, all suites are outfitted in contemporary and elegant décor with white walls featuring gold & gray accents. They’re bright and airy, with sunlight streaming in from the large, floor to ceiling windows.
The spacious rooms’ décor is chic with the exception of the black leather furniture. Each suite boasts an extra half bath, vibrant granite & all-black marble bathroom surfaces, a soaking tub, a separate walk-in shower, and a duo of vanity sinks with well-lit makeup mirrors.
The 725-square-foot standard rooms are relatively spacious and come standard with plush white bedding and option of a strip view.
MALIN + GOETZ bath amenities lift the overall luxury appeal of the rooms. Other distinct touches include succulent pots, bedside USB charging outlets, a fully stocked mini bar, and a flat screen TV in both the living and sleeping spaces. Plus, dog friendly suites are available.
Restaurants & Bars at Delano Las Vegas
Notably, Delano hotel guests are only a five minute walk from numerous dining options at the connected Mandalay Bay complex. Still, the hotel itself has its own choice of restaurants and bars.
- 3940 Coffee & Tea – the on-site café is a charming enough spot to kick off your day, although the menu can be quite pricey.
- Della’s Kitchen – This is a café-style dining option with a farmhouse vibe, though it’s open for lunch and breakfast only. It dishes out high-end comfort food, perhaps some of the best on the Strip.
- Rivea – Situated on the top floor, this restaurant has a stunning view of The Strip through its huge windows and serves Italian-French fusion cuisine, all thanks to the stewardship of Chef Alain Ducasse
- The Franklin Lounge – This modern lobby bar has a swanky atmosphere highlighted by a fireplace, low-slung couches, and panoramic views. It serves barrel-aged cocktails that guests simply can’t get enough of.
Amenities at the Delano Las Vegas
Given its small size and the fact that it’s part of the Mandalay Bay complex, the hotel itself obviously has way fewer amenities than other Sin City resort properties. Even so, what’s on-site is still worth checking out and taking advantage of by the guests. Aside from room service, three restaurants and a lounge bar, here are the top facilities you’ll find at the property:
Despite the clear lack of on-site pools, guests at the Delano have direct access to the amenities of the adjoining resort property, including its 11-acre mega pool, play, and beach areas. Let’s not forget guests also have exclusive access to the Delano Beach Club.
- DAYLIGHT Beach Club has several pools
- Moorea Beach Club is accessible to the Delano guest (it’s tops optional and adults only)
- Mandalay Bay Beach has a large pool, shark aquarium, and a beach
The true grand jewel of the Delano Las Vegas is the BATHHOUSE Spa, which offers a selection of 12+ treatment options and the choice for in-room services. The spa’s atmosphere is serene with modern details like metallic décor, LED lighting, and glass doors. Signature treatments at the spa include The Sike Saver pedicure, the Let It Glow Body treatment, and the Re-New massages. There’s also a fitness center, sauna rooms, and several plunge pools.
Gym and Fitness
Aside from the small fitness center within the BATHHOUSE Spa at the Delano, the main gym is something worth calling home about. It offers multiple strength-training machines, cardio machines, yoga mats, and free weights. The $37 mandatory daily resort fee also includes access to the cardio fitness room at the connected Mandalay Bay.
The Delano Las Vegas boasts a living room with 1,200 square feet of space that’s capable of holding on-site events and meetings. There are a total of 31 meeting rooms at Delano, as well as a couple of FedEx Office Business Centers within the vicinity. Business guests can also request banquet & catering services, along with AV support. Visitors with children will be happy to know that bilingual babysitters are available at the hotel for a fixed rate of $45 an hour for at least four hours.
Delano Las Vegas Review: The Verdict
Delano Las Vegas is a non-smoking, non-gaming hotel connected to the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas complex. It’s an all-suite property with a total of 1,117 guest rooms occupying the 43-story tower and offering unrivalled views of the Las Vegas Strip.
The property features three restaurants (Rivea, Della’s Kitchen, and 3940 Coffee & Tea), as well as The Franklin Lounge bar and the Skyfall Lounge.
Delano guests enjoy almost unfettered access to what Mandalay Bay has to offer, including a casino, shopping spots, Shark Reef aquarium, beach, and awesome nightlife & entertainment. Overall, you’ll enjoy a serene oasis of exclusivity and next-level comfort, discreetly tucked away from the action next door, while still reaping all the benefits.