The biggest casino in Vegas, in terms of the square footage of the gaming space, is Wynn/Encore Las Vegas. The casino floor covers roughly 191,424 square feet, as per the official figures from the Nevada Gaming Control Board. Wynn Las Vegas and its younger sister property, Encore, make up one of the most lavish and extravagant casino hotels in Vegas.
The combined casino floor at Wynn Las Vegas and Encore at Wynn play host to around 240 gaming tables, including plenty of blackjack tables, roulette wheels, baccarat, craps, and high-limit slots, amongst other table games. It also sports close to 2,200 slot machines, including fan favorites like IGT Megabucks, nickel slots, penny slots, dollar slots, five-dollar slots, and multi-denomination slots.
By comparison, Wynn/Encore gaming space is about 15 percent bigger than the second largest casino in Vegas, which is unexpectedly the Sunset Station Hotel & Casino at 1301 West Sunset Road.
Wynn Las Vegas (which is the main property) alone offers more than 111,000 square feet of gaming space, while Encore at Wynn accounts for the rest. Both sister properties cover approximately 215 acres on the famous Las Vegas Strip.
When you break down the gaming floor into various categories…
- Poker rooms occupy about 5,100 square feet of the casino space.
- Race and sportsbook at Wynn covers 5,600 square feet with betting kiosks, sports streaming wall LEDs, and seating areas
- Pit casino games like baccarat, high-limit slots, roulette, etc. occupy the second biggest chunk of the casino at around 65,634 square feet.
- Slot machines, along with video poker and other terminal video games, occupy a large portion of the Wynn/Encore casino space: 109,853 square feet.
Outside the casino floor, Wynn and Encore together offer a total of 4,750 guest rooms. However, that doesn’t mean Wynn/Encore is the largest casino hotel by guest room count; that title goes to MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, which has a whopping 5,044 guest rooms. In contrast, its casino spans a mere 153,000 square feet of gaming space.
Some of the other biggest casinos in Vegas (by the square footage of gaming space) include:
- Sunset Station Hotel & Casino (162,173 sq-ft.)
- Mandalay Bay in Paradise Las Vegas (160,334 sq-ft.)
- Sante Fe Station Hotel & Casino (156,401 square feet)
- Bellagio Hotel & Casino (156,000 sq-ft.)
- MGM Grand (153,000 square feet)
- Aria Resort and Casino Las Vegas (150,000 square feet)
- The Palazzo at The Venetian Resort (both offer 142,354 sq-ft.)
- Green Valley Ranch Station Casino (143,891 sq-ft.)
- South Point Hotel & Casino (137,232 sq-ft.)
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino has the most rooms in Las Vegas, with around 5,044 guest rooms. All rooms feature contemporary decor with modern desks, large flat-screen TVs, comfortable beds, and fancy toiletries. The guest rooms span across more than 20 categories and start at 450 square feet.
Other notable features of the sprawling MGM Grand hotel property include:
- A large, attractive pool complex that spans around 6 acres
- The hotel is located within a short distance of great shops and casinos
- Wet Republic Ultra Pool, which features renowned DJs and welcomes adults only
- Stay Well suites feature additional perks like deep soaking tubs with jets
- Many superb dining options, including fast food joints, a popular buffet, and fine restaurants led by celebrity chefs
- A huge 153,000-square-foot casino with lots of table games, video poker, and slot machines
- Multiple nightclubs, lounges, and bars
- Exciting live entertainment roster, featuring performances by Cirque du Soleil
- A luxurious 30,000-square foot spa offering salon services, various massages, and hydrotherapy across 26 treatment rooms
- A modern fitness center that offers group fitness & yoga classes
- Around 602,000 square feet of meeting and event space
- Free Wi-Fi
It depends on whether we’re talking about the casino’s gaming space, acreage, or room count.
The biggest casino in terms of gaming space is the Wynn/Encore. The combined casino floor features around 191,424 square feet of gaming space, which includes 2,195 slot machines and 240 table games.
When it comes to the number of guest rooms, the biggest casino in Las Vegas is MGM Grand Hotel & Casino. It has a staggering 5,044 hotel rooms across the entire property. It also boasts a highly popular six-acre pool complex, and a multitude of eateries, bars, and lounges frequented by famous DJs and celebrities.
As far as acreage goes, the title of the biggest casino in Las Vegas goes to Wynn/Encore, as well. It covers around 215 acres, which includes an 18-hole golf course within the casino property. In this regard, Mandalay Bay is the second largest casino spanning 118.9 acres and followed by:
- Luxor Hotel & Casino/ Excalibur Hotel & Casino — 108 acres
- MGM Grand — 91.8 acres.
- The Mirage Las Vegas — 77 acres.
- CityCenter (Comprising Vdara Hotel & Casino, Aria Resort & Casino, and Waldorf Astoria Las Vegas) — 76 acres.
- Circus Circus Hotel and Casino — 68.4 acres
- Caesars Palace — 66.2 acres
- The Bellagio — 55 acres
- Palazzo/Venetian — 43.6 acres
MGM Grand Hotel & Casino is the biggest resort in Las Vegas. The entire resort property has 5,044 rooms and sits on a 91.8-acre parcel of land. Of the 5,044 guest rooms spread across the sprawling hotel complex, there are 51 Skyloft suites, 751 suites, and 29 exclusive private villas nestled in the so-called The Mansion.
The most popular suite-style rooms are Skylofts, which are two-story suites found on the topmost floors of the resort. The room prices range from around $750 on slow weeknights to well over $1,200 per night during peak weekends.
The standard rooms at MGM Grand Hotel & Casino are pretty spacious, starting at 450 square feet. They sport large flat-screen TVs, comfortable beds with pillow top mattresses, and free Wi-Fi which is covered by the daily resort fee. Unfortunately, they have no minibars or coffee makers.
The next biggest resort in Las Vegas is Luxor Hotel and Casino with 4,400 guest rooms, followed by:
- The Venetian Resort Las Vegas (has a total of 4,034 guest rooms, while the adjoined Palazzo has 3,066 rooms for a total of 7,100)
- ARIA Resort & Casino (It features 4,004 guest rooms)
- Bellagio Hotel & Casino (It has a total of 3,993 guest rooms)
- Excalibur Hotel and Casino (It has a total of 3,981 guest rooms)
- Caesars Palace (It boasts around 3,960 hotel rooms)
- Circus Circus Hotel & Casino (It has about 3,767 guest rooms)
- Flamingo Hotel and Casino (with 3,626 guest rooms after renovation)
- Mandalay Bay (3,211 rooms not including 1,117 suites at the Delano Las Vegas and the 424 rooms at the Four Seasons Las Vegas)
The biggest station casinos in Las Vegas include Sunset Station Hotel, Santa Fe Station Hotel and Casino, and Palace Station Hotel and Casino. Meanwhile, the biggest casinos in Downtown Las Vegas include Golden Nugget, Downtown Grand Hotel & Casino, Fremont Hotel & Casino, and Plaza Hotel & Casino. You are likely not to find the largest casinos in North Las Vegas. Even so, they offer a decent number of poker games in a well-appointed poker room, electronic games, race, and sports book each in a great sportsbook lounge with big screens, ultimate Texas hold ’em, and other games under one roof.
Wynn/Encore is the largest casino in Las Vegas, offering around 191,424 square feet of gaming floor with 2,195 slot machines and 240+ table games, according to the Nevada Gaming Control Board. The casino floor also has many popular games, including Pai Gow Poker, high-limit slots, video poker machines, and other classics you would find in the largest casino in Sin City.
By hotel room count, MGM Grand is considered among the largest casinos in Las Vegas.
Resorts World Las Vegas is the newest casino in Las Vegas. The resort property is at 3000 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109, just across the street from Encore at Wynn and south of Circus Circus Hotel & Casino on the Las Vegas Strip. The newest kid in town opened its doors to customers on 24th June 2021.
The $4.3 billion property is spread across 59 stories and has 3 branded hotels run by Hilton International. It includes 236 Crockfords suites located on the upper floor of the resort. Resorts World Las Vegas has a huge casino with many poker rooms, gambling salons, and slot machines. There are multiple spas, 40 dining options, swimming pools, and over 300,000 square feet of banquet, meeting, and events space.
CityCenter Las Vegas is the richest casino property in Las Vegas. The casino complex cost more than $9 billion to construct, which makes it the most expensive real estate project in the history of the United States.
The building complex has a city-within-a-city design along the famous Strip. It includes one of the largest casinos in Las Vegas and four branded hotels (Vdara Hotel & Spa, Aria Resort & Casino, CityCenter Motel, and Park MGM Las vegas), 42 restaurants, 2,400 homes, and many private offices.
The Golden Gate Hotel & Casino is the smallest hotel in Las Vegas. Previously called Hotel Nevada and Sal Segev, the property has only 122 guest rooms. It’s also the oldest hotel on the famous Fremont Street Experience, having opened in 1906, and is located at 1 E Fremont St, Las Vegas, NV 89101. The casino is well-known for its beautiful dancing dealers.
The Prohibition-era-themed historic casino has a bakery, diner-style restaurant, couple of on-site bars known for their electrifying cocktails and alcoholic slushies.
The Bellagio is considered to be the most successful Las Vegas Casino, according to the las vegas review journal.
It takes an average person 90 minutes to walk the entire 4.3-mile length of the Strip in Las Vegas, walking at an average pace of 0.3 miles per hour. This time takes into account the business of the area.
The largest hotel property in Sin City is MGM Grand Las Vegas, which has 7,351 rooms divided between two buildings.