New York-New York Hotel & Casino Review
3790 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89109
New York-New York Hotel & Casino Overview
Be that as it may, the hotel is an exciting and worthy destination, thanks to its broad-ranging list of modern amenities, such as a sparring piano bar, Cirque du Soleil live performances, an Irish pub, and a video game arcade, just to mention a few. Like most properties in the area, New York-New York Las Vegas features an impressive casino and a wide range of dining options, including a steakhouse and buffet.
- Fun roller coaster with panoramic views and 180-degree turn
- Lovely locale on the southern end of the Las Vegas Strip
- Diverse restaurant options, including a steakhouse, Shake Shack, and buffet
- Mid-tier casino with over 1500 slot machines and dozens of table games
- Attractive outdoor pool with free cabanas and lounge chairs
- Roomy accommodations with large windows, free Wi-Fi, and flat-screen TVs
- Fun Irish pub and a dueling piano bar
- Excellent business amenities including a staffed business center and 30,000-square-foot event space
- Serene spa with natural light and a reasonable fitness center
- Evocative Cirque du Soleil performance is a showstopper
- Huge video game arcade with family-friendly machines
- Pet-friendly at no additional cost
- Free self-parking and free valet parking
- Hotel rooms feel dated and have no mini-fridges or coffee making facilities
- An expensive nightly resort fee is added to the room price
- Limited gym time
- It’s a smoking property
Rooms & Suites at New York-New York Hotel & Casino
New York-New York Hotel & Casino provides 2,024 rooms & suites, classed into multiple categories named for certain Big Apple landmarks and avenues. They are comfortable and classic yet dated and stale, comprising cliché brown carpets, wooden furniture, neutral-colored seating, cushion headboards in purple tones, and simple cabinetry. Recent guests have commented on the signs of aging in the furniture, walls, and carpets.
The standard rooms at New York-New York Hotel & Casino are reasonably large, starting at 350 square feet. Even better, they have huge windows, with some offering extensive views of the Strip. Bed layouts include two queen-size or one king-size bed, all of which have plush comforters and pillow-top mattresses.
The main room types are Madison Avenue and Park Avenue rooms, which are 50 sq-ft larger than the latter. The property houses a range of suites, starting in size from 500 square feet for the Spa suites all the way up to 1,100 square feet for the Penthouses., which come with added perks like wet bars, dining tables, and 4-person soaking jet bathtubs.
When it comes to in-room amenities, they’re somewhat unimpressive. They include hair dryers, laptop-sized safes, free Wi-Fi, and 40-inch flat-screen TVs. Suites provide high-quality sound systems, optional coffee makers, and mini fridges.
The bathrooms are commonplace by Vegas standards, with walk-in showers, a single or double sink, granite or marble finishing, and a varying selection of toiletries.
Restaurants & Bars at New York-New York Hotel & Casino
New York-New York Hotel & Casino offers an abundance of dining options, ranging from casual bites and a buffet to an award-winning steakhouse. Staying true to its New York’s theme, most of the dining spots here mirror Big Apple classics like a New York-style Pizzeria, Shake Shack, and Nathan’s Hot Dogs. Top spots include:
- Gallagher’s Steakhouse – This steakhouse serves American classics for dinner.
- Gonzalez y Gonzalez – This eatery dishes out sumptuous Mexican dishes for dinner daily.
- Chin Chin – If you’re craving Asian cuisine for dinner, lunch, or even breakfast, hed to Chin Chin.
- Tom’s Urban – This budget-friendly, fine-dining restaurant specializes in American dishes.
- America – You can’t go wrong here if you’re hungering for some American dinner, breakfast, or lunch classics.
Amenities at New York-New York Hotel & Casino
Casino at New York-New York Las Vegas
The hotel’s 84,000-square-foot casino floor is medium-sized by Vegas standards, yet energetic with 67 table games, 1,500 slot machines, and other gaming options. It’s a smoking casino with Central Park-themed interiors.
New York-New York Las Vegas Review:
Everything you love about the Big Apple has been replicated at the New York-New York Hotel and Casino. Although the city’s theme has been toned down, it takes you through a recreation of New York’s best and brightest, from the Manhattan skyline to the Brooklyn Bridge. It also brings New York’s culinary charm to its dining options, with top restaurants like Chin Chin, Pizzerias, Tom’s Urban, Shake Shack, Gallagher’s Steakhouse, and Nathan’s Hot Dogs. Entertainment galore awaits you here, including the dizzying roller coaster, a medium-sized casino, and provocative Cirque du Soleil shows.
The guest rooms and suites, while dated and a bit tired, are contemporary and comfortable with adorable views of the Strip. They’re equipped with standard amenities, ranging from 40-inch flat-screen TVs to marble bathrooms and walk-in shows.