Delano Las Vegas Review
3940 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Delano Las Vegas Overview
Delano Las Vegas, previously known as THEHotel at Mandalay Bay, is a popular, all-suite hotel and the pride of the southern end of The Strip. The 1,117-room hotel has a handful of dining options, including 3940 Coffee & Tea, two high-end bars, and a few restaurants. Recent visitors rave about the hotel’s upscale comfort food, amazing cocktails, and roomy suites, which feature well-stocked minibars, large floor-to-ceiling windows, and luxury toiletries.
It has a decent range of on-site amenities, as well, including the BATHHOUSE Spa featuring 12 invigorating treatments, and the Lounge, boasting large windows with views over the Las Vegas Strip from the hotel rooftop.
While the hotel itself doesn’t have an on-site casino or an expansive pool, guests have direct access to the amenities of the adjoined Mandalay Bay. The Mandalay features a casino with every gaming option imaginable and an 11-acre water complex, consisting of an artificial beach, a shark tank, and multiple pools. With its relaxed atmosphere, the Delano Las Vegas is a laid-back oasis, tucked away from the frenetic energy of other Sin City resorts and hotels along The Strip.
- A trendy hotel with elegant décor and art installations throughout the property
- A comprehensive spa with a state-of-the-art fitness center and a variety of relaxing treatments
- All rooms are en suite with 1.5 baths
- Complimentary self-parking and Wi-Fi is available to all guests
- There are two on-site bars, including the swanky Franklin Bar with exquisite barrel-aged cocktails
- Guests have direct access to the massive pool complex at the adjoining Mandalay Bay
- Great restaurants that serve delicious comfort food
- There’s no on-site casino (which could be a plus for some travelers)
- Limited on-site night entertainment and dining options
- As with most Vegas spots, there’s a steep daily resort fe
Rooms & Suites at the Delano Las Vegas
The Delano Las Vegas has a roster of 1,117 guest rooms, all of which are suite-style accommodations that feature a separate living room and bedroom. Apart from the darker theme of the public areas, all suites are outfitted in contemporary and elegant décor with white walls featuring gold & gray accents. They’re bright and airy, with sunlight streaming in from the large, floor to ceiling windows.
The spacious rooms’ décor is chic with the exception of the black leather furniture. Each suite boasts an extra half bath, vibrant granite & all-black marble bathroom surfaces, a soaking tub, a separate walk-in shower, and a duo of vanity sinks with well-lit makeup mirrors.
The 725-square-foot standard rooms are relatively spacious and come standard with plush white bedding and option of a strip view.
MALIN + GOETZ bath amenities lift the overall luxury appeal of the rooms. Other distinct touches include succulent pots, bedside USB charging outlets, a fully stocked mini bar, and a flat screen TV in both the living and sleeping spaces. Plus, dog friendly suites are available.
Restaurants & Bars at Delano Las Vegas
- 3940 Coffee & Tea – the on-site café is a charming enough spot to kick off your day, although the menu can be quite pricey.
- Della’s Kitchen – This is a café-style dining option with a farmhouse vibe, though it’s open for lunch and breakfast only. It dishes out high-end comfort food, perhaps some of the best on the Strip.
- Rivea – Situated on the top floor, this restaurant has a stunning view of The Strip through its huge windows and serves Italian-French fusion cuisine, all thanks to the stewardship of Chef Alain Ducasse
- The Franklin Lounge – This modern lobby bar has a swanky atmosphere highlighted by a fireplace, low-slung couches, and panoramic views. It serves barrel-aged cocktails that guests simply can’t get enough of.
Amenities at the Delano Las Vegas
Given its small size and the fact that it’s part of the Mandalay Bay complex, the hotel itself obviously has way fewer amenities than other Sin City resort properties. Even so, what’s on-site is still worth checking out and taking advantage of by the guests. Aside from room service, three restaurants and a lounge bar, here are the top facilities you’ll find at the property:
Delano Las Vegas Review:
Delano Las Vegas is a non-smoking, non-gaming hotel connected to the Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas complex. It’s an all-suite property with a total of 1,117 guest rooms occupying the 43-story tower and offering unrivalled views of the Las Vegas Strip.
The property features three restaurants (Rivea, Della’s Kitchen, and 3940 Coffee & Tea), as well as The Franklin Lounge bar and the Skyfall Lounge.
Delano guests enjoy almost unfettered access to what Mandalay Bay has to offer, including a casino, shopping spots, Shark Reef aquarium, beach, and awesome nightlife & entertainment. Overall, you’ll enjoy a serene oasis of exclusivity and next-level comfort, discreetly tucked away from the action next door, while still reaping all the benefits.