The house odds or house edge of an EZ Baccarat dragon bet, when you side with the banker, is 7.611%. Winning dragon 7 side bets pay 40 to 1. The odds of landing a win on a dragon 7 side bet on EZ baccarat is about 2.25%.
Baccarat is a straightforward card game with great odds, low house edge, and simple betting rules.
And, some variants like EZ Baccarat and Punto Banco incorporate various side bets into the gameplay, offering players willing to risk an opportunity to earn bigger payouts.
The most common side bets include the EZ Baccarat Dragon 7 side bet and the dragon bonus baccarat side bet. These side bets are highly popular in Australia and Asian countries, as well as at online casinos where they are gaining more and more traction.
While standard banker bets and player bets always pay at fixed odds, the dragon side bets can pay more or less depending on the margin of the win. The bigger the margin of victory, meaning the more points by which the winning side wins, the bigger the dragon bonus payout. In other words, you are betting that the banker or the player will beat the hand with a lot of points.
Understanding the Dragon Side Bet
The side game on the ez baccarat game is simple and easy to describe. It is a side bet involving the banker winning with a 3-card hand valued at exactly 7 points. For example, a banker’s hand that wins with three cards A-3-3 results in a winning side bet. You will be paid 40 to 1 on the win.
Some advanced gamblers use a computer program like JSTAT and card counting systems for combinatorial analysis of the winning probabilities of the dragon bets. For instance, the table below provides the combinatory analysis for an eight-deck shoe and 7.611% house edge.
|Winning Dragon Bet||40-1||112,633,011,329,024||2.253%||0.901350|
|Losing Dragon Bet||-1||112,633,011,329,024||97.747%||-0.977470|
Understanding the Dragon Bonus Side Bets
The dragon bonus is a side game that works much like regular players and bankers. You can side with either the banker or the player. If you side with the banker, you win if the banker has the best hand. Similarly, if you were to side with the player, you would win if the player has the best hand.
The main difference between regular baccarat bets and the dragon bonus side bet is the extended paytable. Your dragon bet wins if the hand you sided with wins by four or more points. You win also if the side you bet on gets a natural win.
If the baccarat game you play allows for dragon bonus side bets…
- You can place your dragon bonus bets in the designated side betting area before the first card is dealt out.
- You can place several dragon bonus bets at the same time. For instance, you can place a bet on both the banker dragon bonus and player dragon bonus in the same betting round.
- You can place a dragon bonus bet even if no other player has wagered on the Banker, the player, or a Tie.
Dragon Bonus Gameplay and Payout
You can place your dragon bonus bet on either the player or the banker. The paytable for dragon bonus bets in Punto Banco and other baccarat games looks like the following
- Natural tie – Results in a push
- Natural win – Pays even money (1 to 1)
- Win by 9 – Pays 30 to 1
- Win by 8 – Pays 10 to 1
- Win by 7 – Pays 6 to 1
- Win by 6 – Pays 4 to 1
- Win by 5 – Pays 2 to 1
- Win by 4 – Pays 1 to 1
Above odds apply to side wagers from betting on either the player or the banker. All other outcomes result in loss for the dragon bonus bet.
The odds and Housed Edge of Dragon Bonus Baccarat Bets
Baccarat generally has a low house edge. However, as with any side bet in the world of gambling, the dragon bonus bet has a considerable impact on the house edge of the game. Get this: betting the dragon bonus doubles the house advantage on the player bet, while the house odds on bets on the banker increase by more than nine-fold.
On an eight-deck shoe, the house advantage on both baccarat hands is:
- Banker = 9.373%, compared to 1.06% on regular banker bets
- Player = 2.652%, nearly double the 1.24% on ordinary player bets
How do you count the dragon bonus bet in baccarat?
You can count the dragon bonus baccarat bet using the normal card counting systems. Baccarat games are usually dealt deeply into the eight-deck shoe. It is common for the shoes to be cut a few cards from the end, which yields high-quality counts for a good card counting system.
Counting cards in baccarat games like punto banco or EZ variant is easy because the gameplay is slow.
Besides, most baccarat tables feature an electronic scoreboard, not to mention tracking charts are permitted by the casino. If you are playing online, you can use a computer program to yield more reliable counts.
When you count cards, you should focus your dragon bonus betting on the player side because of its low house edge of 2.65%. All in all, the DG side bets for punto banco and other baccarat games do not offer big advantage play, but they are beatable.
How do you predict a dragon in baccarat?
If you want to predict a dragon in baccarat, use the following tips:
- Keep an eye out for players who only place the dragon bonus bet late in the shoe and place table maximum wagers on the Player side.
- Keep an eye out for a group of players that all make the dragon bonus wager for a huge total sum.
- Keep an eye out for players who bet more on the dragon bonus bet than on the main game.
- Consider expanding the depth of the cut card to 26 or more cards.
- Consider a different pay table on the player side that raises the house edge.
What is a dragon bet in baccarat?
A dragon bet is a side game in baccarat. It involves betting on either the banker or the player to have a natural win or win by more than four points. The best payout for a dragon bet is 40 to 1 in for the EZ dragon baccarat bet.
Players must place their dragon wagers in the designated dragon bonus box before the first card is dealt out. All the bets can be made by putting the playing chips in the dedicated dragon bonus wagering area.
Players can place a dragon bet regardless of whether they or other players have made valid bets on the banker, the player, or tie. You can place several dragon bets at the same time. For instance, you can place a dragon bet on both the banker bet and the player bet in any given betting round.
The payout for a dragon bet depends on the winning margin of the side wagered. For example, the dragon bet pays 30 to 1 if the side you wagered on wins by nine points. On the other hand, a natural win by the bank you side with will pay 1 to 1 for the dragon bet.
Unfortunately, a dragon bet loses if the hand you sided with:
- Loses on the other hand or has a value lower than the un-betted side
- The win is non-natural and has a point count lower than 4 points higher than the other side
- If the banker and the player hands have the same points, the side bet neither wins nor loses, which makes the dragon bet an optimal system
- The running count of the side bet by being tracked and counted for player advantage
What are the best odds in baccarat?
The best odds in baccarat come from betting on the banker in the traditional game in which a 5% house commission is charged.
What is Panda and Dragon in baccarat?
Panda and dragon in baccarat are side-bets commonly placed in certain variants like EZ. Formally known as Dragon 7 and Panda 8, they work much like a standard banker and player bets, except that the casino doesn’t take a 5% house commission on winning banker bets.
How does Dragon work on baccarat?
Dragon Bonus is a baccarat side bet that pays when your hand is a natural winner, or when it wins by a large margin. The highest payout, 30 to 1, is for a non-natural player that wins by nine points.
Make the Dragon Bonus Wager by betting in the marked area. You may bet in conjunction with either the Player or Banker’s hand or the Tie Bet as long as one bet fulfills the table minimum.
How do you play Dragon in the casino?
- First, place your bets on the dedicated dragon betting area
- The dealer deals out cards are usual
Winning and Losing Dragon Bets
You can win a dragon bet in two ways:
- When your side gets a natural win
- When your non-natural hand wins by more than 4 points
- Natural Win of 8/8 or 9/9 – The dragon bet pays 1 to 1
- Natural Tie – The dragon bets are Pushed
- Win by 9 points 30 to 1
- Win by 8 points 10 to 1
- Win by 6 or 7 points 4 to 1
- Win by 4 or 5 points 2 to 1
Player Third Card Draw Rules
When the first two cards on the player hand total:
- 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5: DRAW A CARD,
- 6 or 7: STAND,
- 8 or 9: NATURAL WIN
Banker Third Card Draw Rules
- When the Player stands on 6 or 7, the Banker draws a third card on totals of 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 & 5
- The banker stands on 6, 7, 8, and 9.
How much does a dragon bet pay on baccarat?
A winning dragon bet pays a varying amount based on the margin of victory. The highest payout is 30 to 1 for a non-natural winner by 9 points.